Celebrating the life and works of one of America's most neglected literary minds.
The hard necessity of bringing the judge on the bench down into the dock has been the peculiar responsibility of the writer in all ages of man.
None of Algren's work was in print when the Committee planned its first event in 1989. Today, in addition to the Nelson Algren Fountain at Milwaukee and Ashland, the Algren apartment historical site, and the annual birthday party, the Committee can point to all of the author's work having been returned to press. We aim to promote Algren's values and bring about the recognition he was so consistently denied throughout his life.
- A Heroic Line of Losers by Hugh Iglarsh
- Understanding Nelson Algren by Brook Horvath
- Algren's Eye: Photography and the City by Warren Leming
- Archaism V. Modernity: Stach's Calendar in Man With the Golden Arm by Frederich Dumas
- The Golden Arm Swings Anew ... Nelson Algren Is Back from Oblivion By Max Vanzi
Click the button in the top left corner to navigate through the site.